Monday, April 2, 2012

let me catch you up!

Wow, can't believe I haven't blogged for 2 years! Let me catch you all up...
the rest of 2010 went by so quickly as Ben & I decided to move out of our rental house and buy our first home! We scoured the tri-cities looking at more than 30 homes, and finally found the right one when we decided to buy "for now" instead of buy "for forever". We ended up with a brand new home in a nice subdivision in west Pasco... 3 bedrooms, 2 bath, 2000 square ft with a large backyard for our pup. We moved in 2 days before Christmas, just in time to celebrate! Then headed off to Idaho to visit family and start off 2011 in style snowboarding @ Tamarack with friends.
2011 continued to be a wonderful year. Both of us loving our jobs and making new friends, 2 of which got married in the summer and we were blessed to attend their weddings and celebrate with them. In November of 2011 something exciting happened for us :) Ben popped the question and I said YES! We were able to celebrate this new chapter in our lives with several trips this winter including traveling to San Diego for a Boise State football game, and spending 10 days on the beaches of Maui. We then joined our families for Christmas and started off 2012 by celebrating New Years in Fairfield, Idaho playing in the snow. Later in January we flew to Arizona with my mom to spend a weekend with the grandparents. It was nice to be in golfing weather again! February was wonderful this year as it was our first Valentine's day engaged!!! Unfortunately I was working, but Ben sent 2 dozen tulips to work. He really brightens my days! In March, my sister was able to come visit us for a week for spring break. We went wedding dress shopping in Seattle with 2 of my other bridesmaids (Claire and Bre) and then spent the week catching up. It was great to have her in town!
Planning a wedding has been exciting and eye-opening. I had no idea how much needed to be done! Luckily, my brother, who also got engaged last November, and my soon-to-be sister Stacia have been planning their wedding as well. It has been great to share the experience and bounce ideas of one another :) Their wedding is in June at Brundage Mountain. It's going to be gorgeous and I can't wait to celebrate their love!!! On another note, my best friend Heather just got engaged also! Love is in the air :) We are all so lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment